论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-6-6 10:29:52 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-6-6 19:48 编辑

诺瑞丁和波斯美人(2)
荷叶/译
        做出这个决定后,她立刻命令两个小奴隶在她不在时,看护好波斯美人,如果诺瑞丁来,不要让他进来。
        她前脚走,诺瑞丁后脚就来了。没有在母亲的住所找到她,就到波斯美人的住所来找。两个小奴隶堵位了门口,说他母亲有命令不让他进去。诺瑞丁一手一个,抓住他们的胳膊,把他们扔出了前厅,随后关上了门。这两个小奴隶冲向浴池,一把鼻涕一把泪地向女主人汇报诺瑞丁将他俩强行赶走,已经进去了。
        这个消息使夫人非常惊恐,她尽快穿好衣服,匆匆赶到波斯美人的住所,发现诺瑞丁已经离开了。看到元老夫人流着眼泪进来,波斯人非常吃惊地问发生了什么不幸。
        “发生了什么!”夫人大声说:“知道我儿子单独和你在一起,你还这样问我。”
        “但是,夫人,”波斯人问:“这有什么危害吗?”
        “怎么!我丈夫没告诉过你你注定是国王的人吗?”
        “当然,但诺瑞丁刚刚告诉我他父亲改变主意了,已经把我送给了他,我相信了他。我如此爱诺瑞丁,我愿意和他共度一生。”
        “天哪,”元老夫人大叫道:“但愿你说的是事实,但诺瑞丁在骗你,他父亲会牺牲掉他来惩罚他所犯下的错误。”
        说着,她伤心地哭了,所有的奴隶都陪着她哭。
        过了不久,卡坎回来了。发现妻子和奴隶们在哭,波斯美人非常不安,他非常吃惊。问了半天,也问不出个所以然。当最后妻子足够镇定,告诉他发生的一切时,他怒不可遏,羞愧难当。他捶胸顿足,大声叫道:
        “逆子!你不仅毁了自己,也毁了你父亲。国王不仅要放你的血,也会放我的血。”他妻子试图安慰他,说:“别折磨自己了,把我的珠宝卖掉,凑够一万个金币,你再给国王买个奴隶吧。”
        他丈夫回答说;“别以为影响我的只是损失些金钱,我的荣誉危在旦夕。你知道扫乌依是我的死敌。他会把这一切原原本本告诉国王,你们等着看接踵而来的后果吧。”
        “老爷,”他妻子说:“我非常了解扫乌依的卑鄙,他很可能耍这种恶毒的把戏。但他或是任何一个其他人怎么会知道发生在这所房子里的事呢?即使有人怀疑你,国王指责你,你只需说,经你验看,发现这个奴隶配不上国王。你大可放心,把奴隶贩子找来,说你不满意,让他们再找一个来。”
        这个建议似乎有些道理,卡坎决定这样做,但他对儿子的愤怒丝毫也没有减弱。诺瑞丁一整天不敢露面,也不敢到他平常的朋友那儿去避难,怕他父亲在那儿找到他,他在一个无人认识他的僻静的花园里过了一天。直到他父亲上床后才回到家里。第二天清晨,在元老醒来以前就出门了,这样防备了整整一个月。
        她母亲虽然知道他每天晚上都回家,但不敢请求她丈夫原谅他。最后她鼓起勇气说:
“老爷,我知道诺瑞丁做了一个儿子对父亲做的最卑劣的事,但毕竟你会原谅他,不是吗?你就不考虑这样会对你自己造成伤害吗?恐怕有存心不良的人会推想你疏远儿子的原因,可能会猜出真相。”
        “夫人,”元老回答道:“你说得很对,但在诺瑞丁受到应有的羞辱前,我不会原谅他。”
        “他会受到应有的惩罚,”夫人回答道:“如果你按我的计划进行。当他晚上回家时,你埋伏起来等他,假装要杀他。我来说情,你指出只有在我的请求下,才饶了他的性命,你可以提任何条件,强迫他把波斯美人带走。”卡坎同意了,一切依计而行。当诺瑞丁回来时,卡坎假装要杀他,在妻子的说情下让了步,他对儿子说:
        “你这条命是你母亲救的,在她的说情下,我才原谅了你。条件是你必须把波斯美人当成自己的妻子,而不是奴隶,永远不卖掉她,永远不遗弃她。”
        诺瑞丁没有想到父亲会如此宽容,他谢过父亲,发誓照他要求的去做。卡坎则煞费苦心,频繁地在国王面前说这项使命有多难办,但事情真相已传到了扫乌依耳朵里。
        一年多过去了,一天,元老洗完澡后,就出去处理要事,着了凉。这导致了肺炎,并迅速恶化。元老感觉自己大限将至,派人找回诺瑞丁,临终嘱咐他不要与波斯美人分开。
        此后不久,他就去世了。整个王国都觉得遗憾,不分贫富,大家都来送葬,一直到墓地。父亲的死,令诺瑞丁非常伤心,很长时间他拒绝见任何人。最后,他终于见了一个朋友,朋友安慰了他,并强烈希望他恢复自己以前的地位。诺瑞丁很快就采纳了他的建议。不久他组织了一个十个同龄人的小团体,终日吃吃喝喝,寻欢作乐。
        有时,波斯美人同意在这些场合中露面,但她不赞成这样奢华地开支,她毫不顾忌地告诫诺瑞丁要注意可能产生的后果。然而,诺瑞丁对她的建议只一笑了之,他说父亲一直对自己约束很严,现在他要尽情享受新发现的自由。
        诺瑞丁拒绝查账,每次管家拿着账本过来,他都把管家打发走,这使他对家境更加糊涂。
“只要我能过得好,”他说:“不要让任何事来打扰我。”
        诺瑞丁的朋友们不仅经常来分享他的热情款待,而且还用各种方式利用他的慷慨大方。他的所有东西,不管是土地,房产,浴室,还是任何其它来源的资产,只要他们羡慕,诺瑞丁立刻就赠给他们。波斯人多次抗议,说这对自己不公正,但无济于事,他继续挥金如土。

附;原文
Noureddin and the Fair Persian 2
Acting forthwith on this decision she ordered two little slaves during her absence to watch overthe beautiful Persian, and not to allow Noureddin to enter should hecome.
She had no soonergone than he arrived, and not finding his mother in her apartment, would have sought her in that of the Persian. The two little slaves barred the entrance,saying that his mother had given orders that he was not to be admitted. Takingeach by an arm, he put them out of the anteroom,and shut the door. Then they rushed to the bath, informing their mistress with shrieks and tears that Noureddin had driven them away by force and gonein.
This news causedgreat consternation to the lady, who, dressing herself as quickly as possible,hastened to the apartment of the fair Persian, to find that Noureddin had already gone out. Much astonished to see the vizir's wife enter in tears, the Persianasked what misfortune had happened.
"What!"exclaimed the lady, "you ask me that, knowing that my son Noureddin hasbeen alone with you?"
"But,madam," inquired the Persian, "what harm is there inthat?"
"How! Has my husband not told you that you are destined for the king?"
"Certainly,but Noureddin has just been to tell me that his father has changed his mind andhas bestowed me upon him. I believed him, and so great is my affection for Noureddin that I would willingly pass my life with him."
"Would to heaven," exclaimed the wife of the vizir, "that what you say weretrue; but Noureddin has deceived you, and his father will sacrifice him invengeance for the wrong he has done."
So saying, she wept bitterly, and all her slaves wept with her.
Khacan, entering shortly after this, was much astonished to find his wife and her slaves in tears, and the beautiful Persian greatly perturbed. He inquired the cause, butfor some time no answer was forthcoming. When his wife was at length sufficiently calm to inform him of what had happened, his rage and mortification knew no bounds. Wringing his hands and rending his beard, he exclaimed:
"Wretched son!thou destroyest not only thyself but thy father. The king will shed not only thy blood but mine." His wife tried to console him, saying: "Do nottorment thyself. With the sale of my jewels I will obtain 10,000 gold pieces,and with this sum you will buy another slave."
"Do notsuppose," replied her husband, "that it is the loss of the money that affects me. My honour is at stake, and that is more precious to me than all my wealth. You know that Saouy is my mortal enemy. He will relate all this to theking, and you will see the consequences that will ensue."
"Mylord," said his wife, "I am quite aware of Saouy's baseness, and thathe is capable of playing you this malicious trick.But how can he or any one else know what takes place in this house? Even if you are suspected and the king accuses you, you have only to say that, after examining the slave, you did not find her worthy of his Majesty. Reassureyourself, and send to the dealers, saying that you are not satisfied, and wishthem to find you another slave."
This advice appearing reasonable, Khacan decided to follow it, but his wrath against hisson did not abate. Noureddin dared not appear all that day, and fearing to take refuge with his usual associates in case his father should seek him there, hespent the day in a secluded garden where he was not known. He did not return home till after his father had gone to bed, and went out early next morningbefore the vizir awoke, and these precautions he kept up during an entire month.
His mother, thoughknowing very well that he returned to the house every evening, dare not ask her husband to pardon him. At length she took courage and said:
"My lord, I know that a son could not act more basely towards his father than Noureddin has done towards you, but after all will you now pardon him? Do you not consider the harm you may be doing yourself, and fear that malicious people, seeking thecause of your estrangement,may guess the real one?"
"Madam,"replied the vizir, "what you say is very just, but I cannot pardonNoureddin before I have mortified him as he deserves."
"He will be sufficiently punished," answered the lady, "if you do as I suggest.In the evening, when he returns home, lie in wait for him and pretend that youwill slay him. I will come to his aid, and while pointing out that you onlyyield his life at my supplications, you can force him to take the beautiful Persian on any conditions you please." Khacan agreed to follow this plan,and everything took place as arranged. On Noureddin's return Khacan pretended to be about to slay him, but yielding to his wife's intercession, said to his son:
"You owe your life to your mother. I pardon you on her intercession, and on the conditions that you take the beautiful Persian for your wife, and not your slave, that younever sell her, nor put her away."
Noureddin, not hoping for so great indulgence, thanked his father, and vowed to do as he desired.Khacan was at great pains frequently to speak to the king of the difficulties attending the commission he had given him, but some whispers of what had actually taken place did reach Saouy's ears.
More than a yearafter these events the minister took a chill, leaving the bath while still heated to go out on important business. This resulted in inflammation of thelungs, which rapidly increased. The vizir, feeling that his end was at hand,sent for Noureddin, and charged him with his dying breath never to part with the beautiful Persian.
Shortly afterwardshe expired, leaving universal regret throughout the kingdom; rich and poor alike followed him to the grave. Noureddin showed every mark of the deepestgrief at his father's death, and for long refused to see any one. At length aday came when, one of his friends being admitted, urged him strongly to beconsoled, and to resume his former place in society. This advice Noureddin wasnot slow to follow, and soon he formed little society of ten young men allabout his own age, with whom he spent all his time in continual feasting and merry-making.
Sometimes the fairPersian consented to appear at these festivities, but she disapproved of this lavish expenditure, and did not scruple to warn Noureddin of the probable consequences. He, however, only laughed at her advice, saying, that his father had always kept him in too great constraint, and that now he rejoiced at hisnew-found liberty.
What added to the confusion in his affairs was that he refused to look into his accounts with his steward, sending him away every time he appeared with his book.
"See only thatI live well," he said, "and do not disturb me about anything else."
Not only did Noureddin's friends constantly partake of his hospitality, but in every way they took advantage of his generosity; everything of his that they admired,whether land, houses, baths, or any other source of his revenue, he immediately bestowed on them. In vain the Persian protested against the wrong he did himself; he continued to scatter with the same lavish hand.
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-6-6 17:51:23 |只看该作者
不幸的父亲,
聪明的妻子。
不孝的儿子,
可怜的美人。
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-6-6 18:17:36 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-6 17:51
不幸的父亲,
聪明的妻子。
不孝的儿子,

这就是阿拉伯版的红颜祸水吧。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-6-6 18:28:55 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-6 18:17
这就是阿拉伯版的红颜祸水吧。

有道理。美丽漂亮是爱人,可不能当饭吃啊!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

5#
发表于 2014-6-6 19:21:33 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-6 18:28
有道理。美丽漂亮是爱人,可不能当饭吃啊!

加上聪明,就能当饭吃了。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

6#
发表于 2014-6-6 19:35:33 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-6 19:21
加上聪明,就能当饭吃了。

正确。选择对象,不论男女,都要漂亮加聪慧!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

7#
发表于 2014-6-6 19:44:04 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-6 19:35
正确。选择对象,不论男女,都要漂亮加聪慧!

还要善良。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

8#
发表于 2014-6-6 22:08:14 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-6 19:44
还要善良。

漂亮+聪慧+善良=完美。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

9#
发表于 2014-6-6 22:16:38 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-6 22:08
漂亮+聪慧+善良=完美。

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

10#
发表于 2014-6-8 18:39:56 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-6 22:16

回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 12:17 , Processed in 0.046801 second(s), 28 queries .