跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-6-9 10:21:58 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-6-9 10:25 编辑

诺瑞丁和波斯美人(6
荷叶/
        在这里我必须叙述一下,当哈里发端着鱼盘上楼时,他命令元老速回王宫,带四个奴隶回来,让他们带上更换的衣服,候在亭子外,等到哈里发拍手时再进来。
        还装扮着渔夫的哈里发答道:易卜拉辛,钱包里的一切我会和你平分,至于奴隶嘛,我会留给自己。如果你不同意这些条件,你将一无所有。
        老人易卜拉辛认为这很傲慢,他勃然大怒,拿起一个杯子,向哈里发掷去。哈里发很轻易地躲过了醉汉手里投掷的东西。杯子掷在墙上,碎成千片。更加愤怒的易卜拉辛,出去找了一根棍子。此时,哈里发拍了拍手,元老和四个奴隶进来,他们帮国王脱掉渔夫的衣服,换上带来的衣服。
        当易卜拉辛手里拿着大棍子回来时,哈里发已坐在他的宝座上,除了渔夫的衣服在屋子中央外,渔夫已没了踪迹。易卜拉辛跪拜在哈里发脚下,说:陛下,您可怜的奴隶冒犯了您,恳求宽恕。
        哈里发走下宝座,说:起来,我原谅你了。然后转向波斯美人说:美人,现在你知道了我是谁,也知道我派诺瑞丁去巴索拉做国王,等所有必要的准备工作完成后,我会派你到那里去做王后。这段时间,我会在我的宫殿里给你一个住所,你会得到应有的尊敬。
        听到这儿,美人鼓起了勇气。哈里发说到做到,把波斯美人托付给他妻子左蓓答照顾。
        诺瑞丁日夜兼程来到巴索拉,一到那里,就直奔王宫,请求觐见国王。这个请求立刻被批准,他把书信举过头顶,挤过人群。国王读完信,脸色突变。他本想立刻执行哈里发的命令,但还是把信递给了扫乌依,他的利益也同样岌岌可危。扫乌依假装想再读一遍,他转向一边好像为了光线更好一点,趁人不注意,他撕掉了信顶部的惯用词语,塞进嘴里,吞了下去。然后,转向国王,说:
        “陛下不必遵守这封信。信的笔迹确实是哈里发的,但没有抬头。另外,也没有派专使来,没有这些,这封信无效。把这交给我吧,我来承担一切后果。
        国王不仅听进了扫乌依的馋言,还把诺瑞丁交到他手里。先是对诺瑞丁执行笞刑,打得他生不如死。然后把他投入最阴暗的地牢,仅靠面包和水度日。十天后,扫乌依想结果诺瑞丁的性命,但是没有国王的授权,他不敢这样做。为了得到这个结果,他让自己的几个奴隶带上丰厚的礼物,自己领头来到国王面前,说他们来为新王加冕。
        “什么!国王说:那个恶棍还活着?我授权给你,去立刻砍掉他的头。
        “陛下,扫乌依说:我感谢陛下为我主持公道。我还有一个请求,因为诺瑞丁当众羞辱过我,我想要在王宫前面执行他的死刑,并向通告全城,这样就没有人会不知道这件事。
        国王同意了这个请求,这则通告引起普遍的忧伤,因为大家对诺瑞丁父亲的去世还记忆犹新。扫乌依带上自己的二十个奴隶,去监狱提诺瑞丁,让他骑在一匹没有马鞍的可怜的马上。一到王宫,扫乌依就进去见国王,把诺瑞丁丢在广场上,被自己的奴隶和皇家卫队团团围住,因为他很难阻止人们冲进来营救诺瑞丁。人们对扫乌依义愤填膺,如果有人挑头,他一定会被石头砸死在路上。从梳密院的窗口看到激动的人群,扫乌依命令刽子手立刻行刑。然而,国王命令他等等,不是由于嫉妒扫乌依的干扰,而是另有原因。那时,只见一队骑兵正策马驰向广场。扫乌依怀疑他们的身份,敦促国王发出信号立刻执行。但国王在弄清楚来人是谁之前拒绝这样做。
        这些人是元老吉尔发和他的随从,他们从巴格达全速赶来。诺瑞丁带上信出发后,过了好几天,哈里发才想起忘了派特使前来,没有特使信件无效。一天,哈里发在宫殿中听到了一个女子的悲叹声,声音哀婉动人,他被告知这是波斯美人的声音,他突然想到了特使的事。他召来吉尔发,命令他以最快的速度去巴索拉。如果诺瑞丁已死,绞死扫乌依,如果诺瑞丁还活着,立刻把扫乌依和国王一起带回巴格达。
        吉尔发快速穿过广场,走上台阶,国王前来迎接。元老的第一个问题就是诺瑞丁是不是还活着。国王回答他还活着,他被立刻带了过来,虽然还捆绑着手脚。元老命令立刻给他松绑,用那条绳子把扫乌依捆上。第二天,元老带着国王,扫乌依和诺瑞丁回到了巴格达。
        当哈里发听到诺瑞丁的遭遇后,他授权诺瑞丁亲手砍扫乌依的头,但他拒绝了,把扫乌依交给了刽子手。哈里发还是希望诺瑞丁去统治巴索拉,但诺瑞丁还是拒绝了,经过了这些遭遇,但再也不想回去了。他想留下来为哈里发效力。他成了哈里发最贴身的侍臣,与波斯美人长长久久地过着幸福生活。至于国王,哈里发又把他派回巴索拉,并建议他将来选择元老一定要慎之又慎。
附:原文
Now here it must be related that when the Caliph went upstairs with theplate of fish he ordered the vizir to hasten to the palace and bring back fourslaves bearing a change of raiment,who should wait outside the pavilion till the Caliph should clap his hands.
Still personating the fisherman, the Caliph answered: "Scheih Ibrahim, whatever is in the purse I will share equally with you, but as to theslave I will keep her for myself. If you do not agree to these conditions youshall have nothing."
The old man, furious at this insolence ashe considered it, took a cup and threw it at the Caliph, who easily avoided a missile from the hand of a drunken man. It hit against the wall, and broke intoa thousand pieces. Scheih Ibrahim, still more enraged, then went ont to fetch astick. The Caliph at that moment clapped his hands, and the vizir and the fourslaves entering took off the fisherman's dress and put on him that which they had brought.
When Scheih Ibrahim returned, a thick stick in his hand, the Caliph wasseated on his throne, and nothing remained of the fisherman but his clothes inthe middle of the room. Throwing himself on the ground at the Caliph's feet, hesaid: "Commander of the Faithful, your miserable slave has offended you,and craves forgiveness."
The Caliph came down from his throne, and said: "Rise, I forgivethee." Then turning to the Persian he said: "Fair lady, now you know who I am; learn also that I have sent Noureddin to Balsora to be king, and as soon as all necessary preparations are made I will send you there to be queen.Meanwhile I will give you an apartment in my palace, where you will be treated with all honour."
At this the beautiful Persian took courage, and the Caliph was as good ashis word, recommending her to the care of his wife Zobeida.
Noureddin made all haste on his journey to Balsora, and on his arrivalthere went straight to the palace of the king, of whom he demanded an audience.It was immediately granted, and holding the letter high above his head he forced his way through the crowd. While the king read the letter he changed colour. Hewould instantly have executed the Caliph's order, but first he showed theletter to Saouy, whose interests were equally at stake with his own. Pretending that he wished to read it a second time, Saouy turned aside as if to seek abetter light; unperceived by anyone he tore off the formula from the top of theletter, put it to his mouth, and swallowed it. Then, turning to the king, hesaid:
"Your majesty has no need to obey this letter. The writing is indeed that of the Caliph, but the formula is absent. Besides, he has not sent anexpress with the patent, without which the letter is useless. Leave all to me,and I will take the consequences."
The king not only listened to the persuasions of Saouy, but gave Noureddininto his hands. Such a severe bastinado was first administered to him, that hewas left more dead than alive; then Saouy threw him into the darkest anddeepest dungeon, and fed him only on bread and water. After ten days Saouy determined to put an end to Noureddin's life, but dared not without the king'sauthority. To gain this end, he loaded several of his own slaves with richgifts, and presented himself at their head to the king, saying that they were from the new king on his coronation.
"What!" said the king; "is that wretch still alive? Go andbehead him at once. I authorise you."
"Sire," said Saouy, "I thank your Majesty for the justiceyou do me. I would further beg, as Noureddin publicly affronted me, that theexecution might be in front of the palace, and that it might be proclaimed throughout the city, so that no one may be ignorant of it."
The king granted these requests, and the announcement caused universal grief, for the memory of Noureddin's father was still fresh in the hearts of his people. Saouy,accompanied by twenty of his own slaves, went to the prison to fetch Noureddin,whom he mounted on a wretched horse without a saddle. Arrived at the palace,Saouy went in to the king, leaving Noureddin in the square, hemmed in not onlyby Saouy's slaves but by the royal guard, who had great difficulty inpreventing the people from rushing in and rescuing Noureddin.
So great was the indignation against Saouy that if anyone had set the example he would have been stoned on his way through the streets. Saouy, whowitnessed the agitation of the people from the windows of the king's privy chambers, called to theexecutioner to strike at once. The king, however, ordered him to delay; notonly was he jealous of Saouy's interference, but he had another reason. A troop of horsemen was seen at that moment riding at full gallop towards the square.Saouy suspected who they might be, and urged the king to give the signal forthe execution without delay, but this the king refused to do till he knew whothe horsemen were.
Now, they were the vizir Giafar and his suite arriving at full speed from Bagdad. For several days after Noureddin's departure with the letter the Caliph had forgotten to send the express with the patent,without which the letter was useless. Hearing a beautiful voice one day in thewomen's part of the palace uttering lamentations, he was informed that it was the voice of the fair Persian, and suddenly calling to mind the patent, he sentfor Giafar, and ordered him to make for Balsora with the utmost speed-- if Noureddin were dead, to hang Saouy; if he were still alive, to bring him atonce to Bagdad along with the king and Saouy.
Giafar rode at full speed through the square, and alighted at the steps ofthe palace, where the king came to greet him. The vizir's first question waswhether Noureddin were still alive. The king replied that he was, and he was immediately led forth, though bound hand and foot. By the vizir's orders hisbonds were immediately undone, and Saouy was tied with the same cords. Next dayGiafar returned to Bagdad, bearing with himthe king, Saouy, and Noureddin.
When the Caliph heard what treatment Noureddin had received, he authorisedhim to behead Saouy with his own hands, but he declined to shed the blood ofhis enemy, who was forthwith handed over to the executioner. The Caliph alsodesired Noureddin to reign over Balsora, but this, too, he declined, sayingthat after what had passed there he preferred never to return, but to enter theservice of the Caliph. He became one of his most intimate courtiers, and livedlong in great happiness with the fair Persian. As to the king, the Caliph contented himself with sending him back to Balsora, with the recommendation tobe more careful in future in the choice of his vizir.
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-6-9 22:03:22 |只看该作者
好开明的国王,不幸中的万幸!
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-6-10 18:36:03 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-9 22:03
好开明的国王,不幸中的万幸!

确实如此,很难得有哈里发这样的胸襟。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-6-10 21:55:31 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-10 18:36
确实如此,很难得有哈里发这样的胸襟。

正常的人都应当这样!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

5#
发表于 2014-6-10 22:32:29 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-10 21:55
正常的人都应当这样!

这是一个伟大的人。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

6#
发表于 2014-6-11 19:02:34 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-10 22:32
这是一个伟大的人。

所有当政者都能如此,天下岂不更加美好啊!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

7#
发表于 2014-6-11 19:46:29 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-11 19:02
所有当政者都能如此,天下岂不更加美好啊!

可不是嘛
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

8#
发表于 2014-6-11 20:50:00 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-11 19:46
可不是嘛

回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 07:36 , Processed in 0.078000 second(s), 27 queries .