我丈夫史蒂芬在我的镜片上贴了两个红心形贴画,并在盥洗室上方大小不一的镜了上都贴满了相同的贴画。
        “心爱的人,我丈夫在一面镜子上潦草地写着:我如此爱你。
        在一面镜子上画有一个伸直的手臂指向西方,另一面镜子上一个同样的手臂指向东方。看着镜子里的自己,我忍住不笑出声来,怕吵醒丈夫和孩子们。
        我在一面镜子上用钢笔写上我的答复:谢谢你,亲爱的,我的眼里到处是心。
在给科迪穿衣要送他上学时,他小声说:妈妈?
        “什么事,大男孩?我小声答道。
        “你的眼镜上有心。
        “没错,是有。
        “你真可爱,妈妈。他说,眼里闪着亮光。我们一起爬上小货车的驾驶室,那里也贴了许多颗心。方向盘上有一颗,后视镜上有一颗,换档杆上有一颗,我的钱夹上也有一颗。都是我那开心的丈夫对我由衷的赞美。
        我把我眼镜上的两颗心撕下来,递给科迪。他把它们小心地贴在自己的眼镜上,他一路笑着到了学校。
        我在学校前面停下。
        “拿上你的书包,亲爱的,我说。
        “妈妈,我可以戴着心进教室吗?
        我斗争了一会儿,这样的表演效果难以预料。但他眼中流露的出恳求的目光,这使我下了决心。我怎能阻止一次可能让他开心的大好机会呢?
        “我看不出为什么不行,大男孩。
        我在自己的眼镜上也贴了两颗红心,然后,我俩手拉手走进学校。在走廊与众人分开,朝他的教室走去。
        “哈!瞧,科迪·奥得佛!他的眼镜上有心!一个眼尖的学生喊道。
        “噢,看科迪!太可爱了!另一个喊道,一边指着,一边格格笑着。
        科迪羞涩地笑了,紧紧抓住我的手。
       当我们来到门口时,同学们都聚在科迪周围。此时,我看到他正在努力克制着笑容,这是我在他脸上从没见过的最灿烂的笑容。
        “真有意思!眼镜上有心!
        “科迪,我可以戴戴吗?
        一个小女孩拉着我的衣袖:您是奥利佛太太吧?
        “什么事?
        “我要是有眼镜就多好!
        那时,我一点也不怀疑,科迪重拾了自信。
        仅仅是因为他的眼里有了心。
      附:原文
  Cody started lifeweighing 24 ounces.  Due to extreme prematurity, our son had eyesurgery to prevent blindness. As a result of the surgery, he lost peripheralvision in his right eye. And his near sightedness would mean glasses and closemonitoring by an ophthalmologist for the rest of his life.

Such a small price to pay, in our opinion,compared to the alternative.

Cody wore glasses with great pride, making itabundantly clear to his little brothers that Mommy and Daddy also wore glasses,and wasn't it a shame that they didn't have any themselves. This usually prompteda round of begging from his siblings that it was only fair they get glasses,too.  Then kindergarten happened.  One day, a couple of kids at recess derailedCody's bright outlook on having glasses in his possession. One boy said, you rglasses look stupid, Cody. Another kid yanked them off his face and bent them.  Cody was a timid, small child. Seeing tearswell up in his eyes, as he recounted the event, wrung our hearts dry.

Just recently though, something changed hisoutlook.

It was the morning of Valentine's Day. I shutoff the alarm and groped around in the dark until I found my glasses. I donned them and without turning on the light, blindly made my way to the bathroom. Iflipped the bathroom switch, and there I discovered why it was extra dark in my bedroom.  My husband, Stephen, had placed two red heartstickers on my glasses. And plastered all over the mismatched antique mirrors above our bathroom basins were the same stickers.  "VALENTINE," my husband had scrawled on one mirror, "I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!"  In one mirror was drawn a stick arm with a handpointing west. And in the other mirror was the same thing pointing east. I was chuckling under my breath, so as not to wake the rest of the household, whilestaring at my reflection.  I penned my response in the mirror,"Thanks to you, sweetie, I've got hearts in my eyes!"  While dressing Cody for school, he whispered,"Mom?"  "Yes, big boy?" I whispered back.  "You got hearts on your glasses."  "Yep, I sure do."  "You're funny, Mom," he said, his eyes sparkling. We both climbed into the cab of the pickup truck, where other hearts ambushed us. Stuck to the steering wheel was a heart. Another one was onthe rearview mirror, on my truck key, on the stick shift, and on my wallet. All compliments of my heart? happy husband.  I peeled the hearts from my glasses and handed them to Cody. He stuck them carefully on his own glasses and smiled the wholeway to school.  I parked in front of his school.  "Get your book bag, sweetie," I said.  "Mom, can I wear my hearts to class?"  I debated it for a moment. Pulling a"stunt" like this could go either way. But the pleading in his eyes sealed it for me. How could I deny him what may turn out to be a fun opportunity?  "I don't see why not, big boy." I placed two hearts on my own glasses, and together we entered his school, hand in hand, parting the crowd in the hallwayon our way to his classroom. "Ha! Look at Cody Oliver! He's got hearts on his glasses!" one observer called out. "Oh, look at Cody! How cute!” shoutedanother, pointing and giggling. Cody smiled shyly, gripping my hand for dear life.

When we arrived at the doorway, classmates gathered around my little guy, while I saw him trying to shake off the biggest grin I'd ever seen on his face.

"That's neat! Hearts on your glasses!"  "Cody, can I try them on?"  One little girl tugged at my sleeve. "Mrs.Oliver?"  "Yes?"  "I wish I had glasses."  I knew then without a doubt that Cody's outlook was back on track.
  Just by having hearts in his eyes.
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-7-14 17:41:14 |只看该作者
一他眼尖的学生喊道。“他”字似乎有问题?

一个小小的动作,给孩子了快乐,值得借鉴!
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-7-14 18:18:10 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-7-14 17:41
一他眼尖的学生喊道。“他”字似乎有问题?

一个小小的动作,给孩子了快乐,值得借鉴! ...

谢老师指点和鼓励,改了。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-7-14 19:42:39 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-7-14 18:18
谢老师指点和鼓励,改了。

上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

2万

积分

超级版主

版主

5#
发表于 2014-7-14 23:13:17 |只看该作者
姐姐是英语老师吧,有着很深的底蕴!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

2万

积分

超级版主

版主

6#
发表于 2014-7-14 23:14:24 |只看该作者
赫临译笔?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

论坛元老

7#
发表于 2014-7-15 19:26:00 |只看该作者
故事情节生动,结构新颖,赞赏美文,问好
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

8#
发表于 2014-7-15 23:05:03 |只看该作者
维雅聪儿 发表于 2014-7-14 23:13
姐姐是英语老师吧,有着很深的底蕴!

是的,只是普通高中老师。正在努力备考翻译。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

9#
发表于 2014-7-15 23:05:49 |只看该作者
维雅聪儿 发表于 2014-7-14 23:14
赫临译笔?

有什么问题吗,妹妹?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

10#
发表于 2014-7-15 23:06:19 |只看该作者
信游者 发表于 2014-7-15 19:26
故事情节生动,结构新颖,赞赏美文,问好

多谢朋友鼓励。
回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 14:37 , Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 28 queries .