积分

论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-7-28 08:34:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-7-28 21:03 编辑

三个托钵僧的故事(1.2)
荷叶/
        “哦,女士,”他答道:“我现在这个样子,您怎能让我离开呢?我喝了这么多酒,又如此有福气见了您们,我是再也找不到回家的路了。让我在这呆一宿,第二天早晨,我神志清醒后,您想让我什么时候走,悉听尊便。”
        “让他留下吧,”阿米娜说,这之前已证明了她够朋友。“因为他给我们带来这么多乐趣,只在这样才公平。”
        “想留就让他留下吧,妹妹,”佐蓓拉回答:“但如果他留下的话,我得提个条件,”她转向搬运工,继续说:“如果你想留下,必须保证对见到的任何事情都不能提问。如果你留下,可能会看到你不喜欢看的事情。”
        说定这些后,阿米娜端来晚餐,点上几支芳香的蜡烛,把大厅照得灯火通明。然后,他们重新入坐,带着新鲜的食欲,开始又吃又喝又唱又朗诵诗文。事实上,他们都非常开心,这时他们听到有人在外面敲门。萨迪起身去开门。她很快就回来了,说有三个托钵僧,全都瞎了右眼,头、脸和眉毛都刮得干干净净。他们刚从巴格达来,现在夜幕已降临,他们请求接纳。“他们貌似举止很宜人,”她接着说:“你们不知道他们看上去多滑稽,我敢肯定你们一定会觉得有他们相伴会非常有趣。”
        佐蓓拉和阿米娜不太乐意接纳这几个人,萨迪知道她们犹豫的原因。但她极力促成这事,佐蓓拉最后也被迫同意了。“那就带他们进来吧,”她说:“但要让他们明白,不要对与他们无关的事说三道四,一定要让他们进门前读一下门口的铭文。”因为门口写有几个金色的字:“凡多管闲事的人,都会听到让他不开心的事。”
        三个托钵僧进门时深鞠一躬,感激三位女士的热情好客。三位女士表示欢迎。他们刚要入座,目光落在了搬运工身上,他的装束与三位托钵僧一点也不相同,上天赐给他的毛发还一根不少地长在头上。“这位,”其中一人说:“很显然背叛领袖的一个阿拉伯兄弟。”
        半醒半醉的搬运工听到这话,纹丝不动,生气地对朝托钵僧说:“坐下,少管闲事。你没读门口的铭文吗?不是每个人都以同样的方式生活的。”
附:原文
"Oh, madam," replied he, "how can you desire me to quit you in the state in which I am? Between the wine I have drunk, and the pleasure of seeing you, I should never find the way to my house. Let me remain here till morning, and when I have recovered my senses I will go when youlike."
"Let him stay," said Amina, who had before proved herself his friend. "It is only just, as he has given us so much amusement."
"If you wish it, my sister," replied Zobeida; "but if he does, I must make a new condition. Porter," she continued, turning to him,"if you remain, you must promise to ask no questions about anything you may see. If you do, you may perhaps hear what you don't like."
This being settled, Amina brought in supper, and lit up the hall with a number of sweet smelling tapers. They then sat down again at the table, and began with fresh appetites to eat, drink, sing, and recite verses. In fact,they were all enjoying themselves mightily when they heard a knock at the outer door, which Sadie rose to open. She soon returned saying that three Calenders,all blind in the right eye, and all with their heads, faces, and eyebrows clean shaved, begged for admittance, as they were newly arrived in Bagdad, and night had already fallen. "They seem to have pleasant manners," she added,"but you have no idea how funny they look. I am sure we should find their company diverting."
Zobeida and Amina made some difficulty about admitting the new comers, and Sadie knew the reason of their hesitation. But she urged the matter so strongly that Zobeida was at last forced to consent. "Bring them in, then,"said she, "but make them understand that they are not to make remarks about what does not concern them, and be sure to make them read the inscription over the door."For on the door was written in letters of gold, "Whoso meddles in affairs that are no business of his, will hear truths that will not please him."
The three Calenders bowed low on entering, and thanked the ladies for their kindness and hospitality. The ladies replied with words of welcome, and they were all about to seat themselves when the eyes of the Calenders fell onthe porter, whose dress was not so very unlike their own, though he still wore all the hair that nature had given him. "This," said one of them,"is apparently one of our Arab brothers, who has rebelled against our ruler."
The porter, although half asleep from the wine he had drunk, heard the words, and without moving cried angrily to the Calender, "Sit down and mind your own business. Did you not read the inscription over the door? Everybody is not obliged to live in the same way."
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-7-28 16:34:39 |只看该作者
“很显然是被叛领袖的一个阿拉伯兄弟。”————“被”?
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-7-28 18:31:46 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-7-28 16:34
“很显然是被叛领袖的一个阿拉伯兄弟。”————“被”?

谢老师指点。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-7-28 19:16:13 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-7-28 18:31
谢老师指点。

三人的进住,为下一部分打下了伏笔!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

5#
发表于 2014-7-28 20:18:41 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-7-28 19:16
三人的进住,为下一部分打下了伏笔!

这个故事很长,伏笔很多。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

6#
发表于 2014-7-28 21:57:24 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-7-28 20:18
这个故事很长,伏笔很多。

待赏!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

7#
发表于 2014-7-28 23:18:23 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-7-28 21:57
待赏!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

8#
发表于 2014-7-29 16:30:30 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-7-28 23:18

回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 20:57 , Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 28 queries .